Here's the Budget Breakdown from the Washington Post on clothing purchases for Sarah Palin and family:
· Bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.
· Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.
· $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September.
· September payments were also made to Barneys New York ($789.72) and Bloomingdale's New York ($5,102.71).
· Macy's in Minneapolis, another store fortunate enough to be situated in the Twin Cities that hosted last summer's Republican National Convention, received three separate payments totaling $9,447.71. The entries also show two purchases at Pacifier, a top-notch baby store, suggesting $196 was spent to accommodate the littlest Palin to join the campaign trail. An additional $4,902.45 was spent in early September at Atelier, a high-class shopping destination for men.
OK, please note that the numbers and the names of the stores are FACTS. Some of the language, however, is emotionally laden (e.g. "spree"), or suggests a value or judgment ("top-notch," "high-class").
The total, btw, if my math is correct, is $149,643.45.